Lemon, Thyme and Garlic Marinated Olives Recipe
- 1½ cups Sicilian olives
- peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 3 tbs good extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt (smoked sea salt is great here)
- a few sprigs of thyme
- Drain the olives to remove the brine they come in and give them a quick rinse.
- Grab a dish that is large enough to fit the olives in a single layer. Toss all of the ingredients together in the dish, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving so that the oil can liquefy again.
Baked Mexican Street Fries Recipe
- 2 medium russet potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- dash – 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper*
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- hot sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes into thin fries no wider than 1/4 inch.
- Add all of the ingredients except the French fries to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add French fries and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread potatoes evenly over prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes then toss, and stir and rearrange fries in a single layer and bake for an additional 10 minutes. If you like crispier fries, then broil until golden and crispy.
- To make the Salsa Ketchup, whisk together the ketchup and salsa in a small bowl. Taste and add more salsa for more “salsa” taste, more ketchup for more “ketchup” taste. Add hot sauce to taste. You can also add mayonnaise for a creamy version – like Salsa Ketchup Fry Sauce.
Strawberry Peach Salad
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 2 fresh peaches, sliced
- 12 strawberries, sliced
- ½ large cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup goat cheese
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place greens in a large bowl and top with peaches, strawberries, cucumber, goat cheese, and almonds. Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl (or shake them in a mason jar) and pour over the salad when ready to serve.
Cheesy Sausage Bites
- 3 cups Bisquick mix
- 1 pound ground sausage (uncooked)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Pregresso™ Bread Crumbs (Italian Style or Plain)
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Bisquick mix and sausage.
- Add cheese and hot sauce. Using a cooking scoop, scoop mixture into balls.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs together to make an egg wash. In another small bowl, pour bread crumbs. Dip each ball into egg wash and then roll into bread crumbs. Place balls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cookies through. Serve warm.
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 (16 oz) jar alfredo sauce (I used roasted garlic)
- 1 (9 oz) package frozen spinach, thawed and any excess liquid squeezed out
- 1 (6.5 oz) jar artichoke hearts, drained
- 12 Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls (from an 8 oz and 4 oz tube)
- 1/2 cup Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a small food processor, pulse the Rice Chex™ cereal and the parmesan cheese together, until you get a bread crumb consistency. Set aside.
- Pour the alfredo sauce into a small sauce pan. Add the thawed spinach and artichoke hearts. Stir to combine. Bring to a light simmer.
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the macaroni until al dente (package instructions). Drain and add to sauce. Stir to combine.
- Arrange the crescent rolls in a muffin pan. Be sure and press the dough in the bottom of the tin to cover all of the space.
- Spoon the macaroni filling into each muffin cup. Sprinkle with the Rice Chex™/parmesan topping.
- Slide into a 400°F oven for about 15 minutes. Check at the 13-minute mark.
- Serve immediately.
Crunchy Taco Cups
- 1 lb lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 envelope (3 tablespoons) taco seasoning
- 1 (10-oz) can Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 1½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (or Mexican blend)
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously coat a standard size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cooked beef, taco seasoning, and tomatoes in a bowl and stir to combine. Line each cup of prepared muffin tin with a wonton wrapper. Add 1.5 tablespoons taco mixture. Top with 1 tablespoon of cheese. Press down and add another layer of wonton wrapper, taco mixture, and a final layer of cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes until cups are heated through and edges are golden.
- 1 head garlic
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. pasta shells
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- to taste salt & pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups baby spinach
Herb Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1lb large white mushrooms
- 4. Oz pork sausage meat
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1bay leaf finely crumbled generous pinch dried tarragon or a spring fresh tarragon finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4. tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- 4-6 large croutons to serve
- Preheat oven to moderate (375.F190.C.Gas Mark 5)
- Wipe mushrooms clean Trim stem ends and pull stems out carefully to avoid damaging caps
- Chop stems finely and combine with sausage meat finely chopped shallot an garlic and herbs mix well and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a heavy pan add sausage meat mixture and cook over a moderate heat for about 5 minutes scrambling and blending with a fork until lightly browned cool
- Divide stuffing between mushroom caps smoothing it over neatly sprinkle with a mixture of breadcrumbs and parsley
- Heat remaining oil in a wide flameproof baking dish arrange stuffed mushrooms in it in one layer and fry over o moderate heat for 2 minutes until bottoms are lightly colored shaking dish gently transfer to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender (if tops have not browned by the time mushrooms are cooked slip disorder a hot grill for a minute or two to finish cooking)