Strawberry Peach Salad
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 2 fresh peaches, sliced
- 12 strawberries, sliced
- ½ large cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup goat cheese
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place greens in a large bowl and top with peaches, strawberries, cucumber, goat cheese, and almonds. Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl (or shake them in a mason jar) and pour over the salad when ready to serve.
Peppers and Salad with Pine Nuts & Capers
for the magic peppers:
- 2 lbs bell peppers (or other)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
for the salad:
- 1 to 2 cups diced magic peppers
- 1 cup (or more) halved cherry tomatoes
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella, diced to yield about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted*
- roughly chopped basil or cilantro or whatever herbs you have on hand
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar such as white balsamic, balsamic, red wine, etc.
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil fried bread**
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Cut each pepper in half through the core. Remove seeds and stem. Cut each half into three or four pieces. Place strips in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- 2. Arrange peppers slices, cut-side up, on a large baking sheet. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until peppers are tender and slightly browned on the edges — thinner peppers will cook more quickly, so start checking at 25 minutes if not sooner.
- 3. Serve warm or at room temperature or continue on and make the salad:
- 4. Toss together the diced magic peppers, halved cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, capers, toasted pine nuts, herbs, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Fold in bread. Toss again, taste, and adjust seasoning.
Creamy Potato Salad
- 1 1/2 lbs. small Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Scrub the potatoes well, then chop into 1-inch cubes. Add 2 inches of water to a large sauce pot, then arrange the chopped potatoes in a steamer basket inside. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat and cover, allowing to steam for about 10 minutes, or until the potato chunks are just fork-tender. (Be careful not to overcook!)
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the avocado, Dijon mustard, red onion, cucumber, dill, lemon juice and salt in a medium bowl, and mash well with a fork. This mixture will be on the acidic-tasting side, until you mix it with the potatoes, but feel free to adjust any flavors to suit your taste.
Avocado / Tomato/ Mozzarella Salad
- 2 avocados (peeled, pitted, & cubed)
- 2 – 3 tomatoes (cubed)
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese (cubed)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. basil
- salt & pepper
- Put the cubes of avocados, tomatoes,
- and mozzarella in a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Add basil, salt & pepper.
- Mix lightly.
- 1 head garlic
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. pasta shells
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- to taste salt & pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups baby spinach