Butternut Squash and Sausage French Bread Pizza
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen cubed butternut squash
- drizzle of olive oil
- pinch of salt/pepper
- 1 frozen cheesy garlic french bread loaf, cut in half length-wise
- 1 pound Johnsonville Italian Sausage
- 1 (10 oz.) jar pesto sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with foil or silicone baking mat.
- Toss butternut squash with a couple drizzles of olive oil and a pinch of salt/pepper. Roast in the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until tender. Remove and set aside to cool slightly while you prepare the rest.
- Bake the french bread according to package instructions.
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, brown italian sausage until golden brown; remove from pan and set aside.
- Spread pesto sauce evenly over each half of the toasted french bread.
- Top with butternut squash and italian sausage.
- Add shredded cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cut into slices and enjoy!