Pitcher Style Margaritas Recipe
- 1 part simple syrup
- 2 parts lime juice
- 3 parts tequila
- Make the simple syrup by boiling water and stirring in an equal measurement of sugar until dissolved (i.e. one cup water + one cup sugar).
- Stir the simple syrup, lime juice, and tequila together.
- Cut a lime into wedges and use one wedge to wet the rim of the glass. Place salt in a dish and tip the glass upside down into the salt so it sticks to the wet rim.
- Add ice cubes to each glass and pour the margaritas into the glasses – these will be strong and a big handful of ice helps balance it all out. We also put the ice right in the pitcher for our last party and that worked fine, too. Place a little lime wedge on the rim of the glass as pictured for looks!
Pomegranate Green Apple Sangria Recipe
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry red wine
- 1 apple, cored and julienned (or thinly sliced)
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- arils (seeds) from 1 pomegranate (here’s a great tutorial for how to open and de-seed a pomegranate)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1-3 tablespoons honey or agave or your desired sweetener, to taste (if needed, depending on the sweetness of your juices above)
- optional garnish: extra pomegranate seeds and julienned apples
- In a large pitcher, stir all ingredients together until combined, adding in your desired amount of honey to sweeten the sangria.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or up to 24 hours) so that the flavors can meld together.
- Serve chilled, with extra ice and garnishes if desired.