1 1/2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley
3/4 cup fresh mint
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 serrano chiles, grilled, peeled, seeded, and chopped
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons Spanish paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons ground fennel seed
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
4 (4-ounce) skinless bone-in chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
Fresh mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
1. To make Parsley-Mint Sauce: Combine parsley, 3/4 cup mint, garlic, and chiles in a food processor; process until coarsely chopped. Add honey and mustard; process until combined. With processor on, slowly add olive oil.
2. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, and whisk in a few tablespoons cold water to thin the sauce. Stir in salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours. Bring sauce to room temperature before serving.
3. To make chicken: Whisk together paprika, cumin, mustard, fennel, pepper, and salt in a bowl.
4. Prepare grill.
5. Brush chicken with olive oil. Coat top with 2 teaspoons spice rub; place on grill, rub side down. Grill over high heat 5–6 minutes or until golden brown and slightly charred. Turn breasts over, and cook for 6–7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°.
6. Transfer to a platter, and drizzle each breast with 1 tablespoon parsley-mint sauce. Tent with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with additional sauce, and garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast and 1 tablespoon sauce)