1 recipe Oil Pastry (see recipe below)
1 8 ounce packagereduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted and finely chopped
1/4 cup snipped golden raisins
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 5 ounce can(2/3 cup) evaporated fat-free milk
1/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute* equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
1 egg white
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Prepare Oil Pastry. On a well-floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a circle about 12 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Ease pastry into pan, being careful not to stretch pastry. Press edge of pastry against edge of pan. Trim edges. Do not prick shell. Line pastry with a double thickness of heavy foil. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 5 minutes more. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degree F.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, egg yolk, and honey; beat with an electric mixer on low to medium speed until combined. Stir in chopped almonds and raisins; set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, whole egg, egg white, and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
3. Carefully spoon cream cheese mixture into hot baked pastry shell; spread evenly. Pour pumpkin mixture over cream cheese layer; spread evenly.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
5. To serve, remove side of pan; carefully lift tart from pan bottom with a large spatula and slide onto a serving platter. If desired, garnish with sliced almonds. Makes 12 servings.
Choose from Splenda Granular, Equal Spoonful or packets, or Sweet ‘N Low bulk or packets. Follow the package directions to use the product amount equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar.
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cooking oil
1/4 cup fat-free milk
1. In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Add oil and milk all at once to flour mixture. Stir lightly with a fork until combined (dough will appear crumbly). Use your hands to gently work dough into a ball.