Pecan Pie Bars Dipped in Chocolate Recipe
- 1 1/4 pounds unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 cup good honey
- 3 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 pounds pecans
- 10 OUNCES CHOCOLATE FOR DIPPING (DARK OR MILK)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- For the crust, beat the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and the vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Press into an 18 by 12 by 1-inch baking sheet lined with nonstick foil and build up the sides a bit. Bake for 15 minutes, until the crust is set but not brown. Cool.
- For the Pecan Filling: Put butter, honey, brown sugar in a saucepan. Cook on low heat until melted. Raise heat and boil 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in heavy cream and pecans. Pour over the crust carefully. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling is set. Remove and chill to cool. Cut into bars and dip half of each bar into melted chocolate!