Old Fashioned Strawberry Jam Recipe
- 2 quarts strawberries
- 5 heaping cups sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Wash strawberries and remove the stems.
- Chop, mash or puree strawberries and stir in the sugar. Let sit for 2 hours.
- Add strawberry mixture to a large pot and cook slow over medium heat until it boils, stirring often. Then turn up the heat to med-high and boil fast for 5 more minutes.
- Add in lemon juice and stir. Boil 5 minutes longer.
- Pour jam into clean jars and add lids. Place in a hot water bath canner and boil for 10 minutes. Remove from water and let cool to room temperature. Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year.