Green Chile Mustard
• 1/2 cup yellow mustard
• 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, drained
• Oil for deep frying
• 2 pouches (6.5 oz each) Betty Crocker® cornbread & muffin mix
• 1 cup club soda
• 1 egg
• Round wooden sticks with one pointed end
• 1 package (16 oz) beef hot dogs (8 hot dogs), cut in half
• 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1. In small bowl, mix mustard and chiles; set aside.
2. In deep fat fryer or heavy saucepan, heat 3 inches oil to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cornbread mixes, club soda and egg. Spoon mixture into tall narrow jar or glass. Insert sticks into hot dogs, leaving about 4 inches to hold. Roll hot dogs in flour; dip hot dogs into cornbread mixture, rolling to cover completely. Smooth batter with knife, if necessary.
3. Fry 2 to 3 corn dogs at a time in hot oil about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve corn dogs with mustard.
Makes 16 mini corn dogs