- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow miso paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce (such as Sriracha®) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 (6 ounce) center-cut salmon fillets, with skin
- Place oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler.
- Whisk together miso paste, seasoned rice vinegar, maple syrup, and hot chili sauce in a bowl.
- Brush an oven-ready skillet with vegetable oil.
- Place salmon fillets skin sides down in the cold skillet. Place over medium heat and cook until the skin starts to sizzle, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Brush each salmon fillet with miso glaze. Place skillet under the preheated broiler and cook until the salmon is just cooked through and the top is browned, about 8 minutes.
- Remove each fillet from the pan, separating flesh from the skin; leave the skin in the pan.