Make Ahead Egg Nog French Toast Recipe
- 1 loaf french bread
- 6 eggs
- 1¼ cup eggnog
- 1¼ cup half and half
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into pieces
- Grease a 9×13 pan with butter. Cut bread into bite sized squares and place evenly in pan.
- In a bowl mix eggs, eggnog, half and half, brown sugar and vanilla with a whisk until well blended. Pour evenly over the bread.
- Cover tightly and store in the fridge for several hours, or overnight.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until he mixture looks all crumbly. Place in a ziploc bag and place in the fridge.
- When ready to bake, take pan and bag out of fridge. Remove wrap and evenly sprinkle crumb mixture over the top. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees (or 45 minutes if you like it more soft and pudding-like.)