Lemon, Thyme and Garlic Marinated Olives Recipe
- 1½ cups Sicilian olives
- peel and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 3 tbs good extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt (smoked sea salt is great here)
- a few sprigs of thyme
- Drain the olives to remove the brine they come in and give them a quick rinse.
- Grab a dish that is large enough to fit the olives in a single layer. Toss all of the ingredients together in the dish, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving so that the oil can liquefy again.