- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4-oz.) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. wide egg noodles, cooked
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat; drain. Add tomatoes, sauce, green pepper, mushrooms, garlic, salt, sugar, and wine or broth; cover and simmer over low heat 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, blend together cream cheese, sour cream, onion and one cup Cheddar cheese; set aside.
- In an ungreased 13″x9″ baking pan, layer half the beef mixture, half the noodles and half the cheese mixture; repeat layers. Top with remaining Cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes.