Nonstick cooking spray
1 14 1/2ounce packagegingerbread mix
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup raisins
2 1/4 cups water
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
1. Lightly coat the inside of a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine gingerbread mix and milk until mix is moistened. Stir in raisins (batter will be thick). Spread gingerbread batter evenly in the bottom of the prepared cooker.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the water, brown sugar, and butter. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Carefully pour sugar mixture over batter.
3. Cover and cook on high-heat setting (do not use low-heat setting) for 2 hours (center may appear moist but will set up as it stands).
4. Remove liner from cooker, if possible, or turn off cooker. Let cake stand, uncovered, for 45 minutes to cool slightly before serving.
5. To serve, spoon warm cake into dessert dishes. If desired, serve with vanilla ice cream.