- 5 strips bacon
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups sliced cooked peeled potatoes
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until crisp; remove and set aside.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons of drippings; cook onion until tender.
- Stir in flour, blend well.
- Add vinegar and water; cook and stir until bubbly and slightly thick.
- Add sugar and stir until it dissolves.
- Crumble bacon; gently stir in bacon and potatoes.
- Serve warm.