6 (4- to 6-ounce) catfish fillets
2 cups milk
2 cups yellow cornmeal
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
2 teaspoons pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1. Place catfish fillets in a single layer in a shallow dish; cover with milk. Cover and chill 1 hour.
2. Combine cornmeal and next 4 ingredients in a shallow dish.
3. Remove catfish fillets from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Remove from milk, allowing excess to drip off. Sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon salt.
4. Dredge catfish fillets in cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess.
5. Pour oil to depth of 1 1/2 inches into a large skillet; heat to 350°. Fry fillets, in batches, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on wire racks over paper towels.