Easy Cheesy Pretzel Sticks Recipe
- ⅓ cup baking soda
- 1 11-ounce can refrigerated breadsticks
- 6 cheddar cheese sticks
- Pretzel salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle the baking soda onto the foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for an hour.
- Unroll the breadstick dough and pull the sticks apart at the perforations. Cut the cheese sticks in half and place one half at the bottom of each breadstick. Fold the breadstick over the cheese and pinch well to seal all around.
- Crimp the edges of the dough with a fork. This will further help to seal in the cheese. If there are any small tears, dip your finger in water and use it to smooth the dough together.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill a large bowl ¾ of the way with hot water. You want the water to be hot, but not too hot to dip your hand in. Mix in baking soda, a spoonful at a time, until the water is slightly cloudy. You likely will only need a couple of tablespoons worth– save any excess for the next batch. Stir well to dissolve.
- Place a kitchen towel near the bowl. One at a time, dip the pretzels in the baking soda bath, let sit for 10 seconds, transfer to the kitchen towel to drip off excess water, and then place on the prepared baking sheet. Place the pretzels so that they’re lined up in a row, touching at the sides. Continue until all pretzels are dipped and placed.
- Sprinkle with salt, and bake for 14-16 minutes, or until deep golden brown.
- Brush the pretzel sticks with melted butter and serve warm.