- 1 cup dried sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen sour cherries, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Sweet Cream Cheese Dough circles*
- 1/4 cup white chocolate baking chips
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan; cook over medium heat 7 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Remove from heat. Add butter, stirring until butter melts. Stir in cornstarch and vanilla. Cool slightly.
- Working with 1 Sweet Cream Cheese Dough circle at a time, remove plastic wrap from dough. Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Spoon about 2 tablespoons cherry mixture into center of circle. Fold dough over filling; press edges together with a fork or fingers to seal. Place pie on a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Repeat procedure with remaining Sweet Cream Cheese Dough circles and remaining cherry mixture. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Remove pies from freezer. Pierce top of each pie once with a fork. Place baking sheet on bottom rack in oven. Bake at 425° for 19 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and filling is bubbly. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate chips in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until chips are soft. Knead bag until smooth. Snip a tiny hole in corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over cooled pies.
How to make Sweet Cream Cheese Dough
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) chilled 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons ice water
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a food processor; pulse 3 times or until combined. Add chilled butter, cream cheese, and cider vinegar; pulse 4 times. Add ice water through food chute, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing just until combined (do not form a ball). (Mixture may appear crumbly but will stick together when pressed between fingers.)
- Place half of dough into a 1-cup measuring cup, pressing to compact dough. Remove dough from cup, and form into a ball. Divide ball into 6 equal portions. Repeat procedure with remaining dough. Cover and chill 15 minutes.
- Place each dough portion between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Roll each dough portion, still covered, into a 5-inch circle; chill until ready to use.