Crispy Chicken Tortilla Rollups
- 1/3 cup canola oil + 2 grated garlic cloves
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 2 tsp. dried cilantro
- 2 tsp. chili powder
For the filling:
- 6 ounces non-fat Greek yogurt
- 12 ounces cooked chicken, shredded [NOTE: a deli roasted chicken is perfect for this!]
- 1 cup co-jack cheese
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 1 small jalapeno or serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1-2 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the avocado-lime dipping sauce:
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 6 ounces nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro
- 2-3 drops Tabasco
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400. Add the filling ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Stir with a spatula or spoonula, until evenly mixed. Heat the canola oil and two grated garlic cloves in a small saucepan over med heat. When the oil is hot, turn off the heat and let the garlic infuse into the oil for 5-10 minutes.
- Assemble the tortillas by adding about 2 tbs. of the filling along the lower third of the flour tortillas — feel free to sprinkle with a bit more cheese on top if you like it extra cheesy! Roll up and place seam side down on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Brush each tortilla rollup with the garlic oil and sprinkle with the salt, dried cilantro, and chile powder.Bake for 8-10 minutes, flipping over halfway through cooking so both sides brown and crisp nicely. Serve on a platter with guacamole, salsa, and/or sour cream on the side for dipping.
- Make the dipping sauce and serve it in a decorative serving bowl on the side.