1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/3 cups fat-free milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups dry French bread cubes (1/2-inch cubes)*
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
3 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Set eight 5-ounce souffle dishes or 6-ounce custard cups in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the 1/4 cup sugar, the cocoa powder, and cinnamon; add 2/3 cup of the milk and the vanilla, stirring with a whisk until combined. Stir in bread cubes; set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, whisk together remaining 2/3 cup milk and the flour until well combined. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks with an electric mixer on high speed about 4 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually stir thickened milk mixture into egg yolks. Stir in bread mixture; set aside.
4. Wash beaters thoroughly. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add the 3 tablespoons sugar, beating until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Fold bread mixture into beaten egg whites. Divide among prepared souffle dishes or custard cups.
5. Bake about 20 minutes or until a knife inserted near centers comes out clean. Serve immediately.