- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed salted pretzels (about 3 oz.)
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with parchment.
- 2. In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Reduce speed to low; beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and 1 cup pretzels. Spread evenly in baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 3. In a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, melt chocolate with peanut butter, stirring until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over blondies. Sprinkle with remaining crushed pretzels. Let cool before cutting into squares.