Chocolate Banana Naturally Sweet Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 bananas, peeled, cut into chunks, and frozen
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa or similar, like 2 packets The Daily Good Greens Chocolate
- a few tablespoons of water
- 1 chocolate bar, such as SuperFoods Chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- peanut butter and sea salt for topping
- Let the bananas soften for a while at room temperature or in the microwave. You don’t want them to be rock hard because they’ll take a toll on your food processor or blender, but you don’t want them to be soft because you’ll get more of a smoothie texture. They should be frozen but starting to soften on the outside.
- Pulse the bananas in a food processor until smooth. This is a heavy duty task – a blender can do it, but it’s going to need some help (a few stirs here and there) to move through the blender smoothly.
- Dissolve the cocoa in the water to allow it to incorporate into the ice cream better. Add the chocolate paste to the food processor and puree again until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate bits and anything else you might like – vanilla, sea salt, etc. Serve topped with drizzled peanut butter!