- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 10 ounce packagesrefrigerated light Alfredo sauce
- 1 15 ounce canGreat Northern or white kidney (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (1 medium)
- 1 4 ounce candiced green chile peppers, undrained
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese (1 ounce) (optional)
- Fresh parsley leaves (optional)
1. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Sprinkle chicken with cumin and black pepper. In a large skillet cook chicken, half at a time, in hot oil over medium heat until browned. Place chicken in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in Alfredo sauce, beans, broth, onion, chile peppers, and garlic.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. If desired, sprinkle each serving with cheese and/or parsley.