1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons flour
3 eggs, beaten
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
1 deep dish pie shell (either your own recipe or storebought)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until light.
3. Add the eggs and beat; then beat in vanilla.
4. Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the batter alternatively with the buttermilk; beat until smooth.
5. Pour into a deep dish pie shell and bake at 400F for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350F and bake for 50-60 additional minutes.
6. Pie should turn a nice golden brown and a knife inserted should come out clean.
7. Serve warm.