1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (16 oz.)
4 cups milk
3 large eggs, beaten
2 cups sugar
1 cup raisins
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, well beaten
2 tablespoons Bourbon
1. Combine bread and milk in a large mixing bowl; set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Add eggs, sugar, raisins, butter and vanilla; stir well.
3. Spoon mixture into a greased 3 quart casserole.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 325°F for 1 hour or until firm.
5. Cool in pan at least 20 minutes before serving.
6. Spoon into individual serving bowls; serve with Bourbon Sauce.
7. Bourbon Sauce: Combine butter and sugar in a small saucepan; cook over medium, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves.
8. Add egg, stirring briskly with a wire whisk until well blended.
9. Cook over medium heat 1 minute.
10. Remove from heat, cool slightly; stir in bourbon.