• 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon table salt
• 1 bottle or can (12 oz) dark beer, chilled
• Vegetable oil for deep frying
• 10 medium to large jalapeño chiles, cut into 1/4-inch rings
• Coarse sea salt, if desired
• 1 cup ranch dressing
1. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, table salt and beer with whisk until smooth.
2. In 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy saucepan, heat 2 to 3 inches oil to 350°F. Working in small batches, dip jalapeño slices in batter. Fry in hot oil about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; sprinkle with sea salt.
3. Serve fried jalapeño bites warm with ranch dressing.
Makes 16 mini corn dogs