• 1 cup Gold Medal® self-rising flour
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 cup regular or nonalcoholic beer
• 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
• Vegetable oil for deep frying
• 1/2 cup ranch dressing
1. In large bowl, mix flour, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, cheese and beer with whisk until smooth. Add broccoli; toss until well coated with batter.
2. In deep fryer or heavy saucepan, heat 2 to 3 inches oil to 375°F. Fry broccoli in batches 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
3. Serve warm broccoli bites with ranch dressing for dipping.
Makes 4 servings