- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed and thinly sliced across grain
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrot
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh sugar snap peas
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
1. Combine 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and beef in a large bowl. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, sugar, hoisin, salt, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add beef mixture to pan; stir-fry 2 minutes or until done. Place beef mixture in a bowl. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add ginger and garlic; sauté 15 seconds. Stir in bell pepper, carrot, and peas; sauté 3 minutes. Add vinegar mixture and beef mixture to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in green onions.
Steamed rice with green onions: Cook 1 cup white rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Remove from heat; stir in 3/4 cup chopped green onions and 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds.