Baked Mexican Street Fries Recipe
- 2 medium russet potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- dash – 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper*
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- hot sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes into thin fries no wider than 1/4 inch.
- Add all of the ingredients except the French fries to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add French fries and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread potatoes evenly over prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes then toss, and stir and rearrange fries in a single layer and bake for an additional 10 minutes. If you like crispier fries, then broil until golden and crispy.
- To make the Salsa Ketchup, whisk together the ketchup and salsa in a small bowl. Taste and add more salsa for more “salsa” taste, more ketchup for more “ketchup” taste. Add hot sauce to taste. You can also add mayonnaise for a creamy version – like Salsa Ketchup Fry Sauce.