Bacon Feta Garden Vegetable Crepes Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup milk (lowfat)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (4T if you want to get crazy)
- 1/2 teapsoon salt
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb asparagus, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced and halved
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1-8 – ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 6-8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup feta
- 1 Recipe Guilt Free Greek Yogurt Hollandaise Sauce
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- avocado (optional)
- Add all of the crepe ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Store in the refrigerator while you chop your vegetables and prepare your Hollandaise Sauce. Once Hollandaise is prepared, keep warm on low heat, stirring occassionally.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once very hot, add garlic and vegetables and saute for 3-5 minutes, depending on how crisp you like your vegetables. Season with paprika, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Once vegetables are crisp-tender, stir in basil, parsley, and bacon, then stir in Monterey Jack cheese until melted, followed by feta. Turn heat off and cover to keep warm while you make your crepes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Brush with butter then pour 1/4 cup crepe batter into the center of the pan then swirl to spread out evenly. Cook for approximately 20 seconds per side or until golden.
- Fill each crepe with bacon, feta, vegetable filling, roll up, then top with hollandaise sauce followed by fresh tomatoes.