Apple Pie Pancake Bowls Recipe
German Pancake Bowls
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray with flour in it (or grease and flour pan OR use nonstick cooking spray AND melted butter).
- In a large bowl, or your blender, combine all of the German Pancake ingredients except the butter and blend (or whisk) until smooth. Add butter and blend until well combined.
- Add batter to the tins using a 1/4 cup measuring cup. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. They will be VERY puffy but will deflate as they cool.
- While the pancakes are baking and resting, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples, cinnamon, lemon juice and brown sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender and the liquid is absorbed, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- While the apples are cooking, combine the sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and butter, in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter with pastry cutter, 2 forks, or place mixture in the blender and pulse into the mixture is crumbly.
- Evenly spoon cooked apples into German Pancake Bowls then top with the Crumb Topping (its okay if it gets messy!). Broil on the 2nd rack (approximately 10 inches from broiler) for 3-6 minutes, rotating pan half way through so the topping browns evenly. Remove when crumbs are golden.
- Top with ice cream (optional) and consume.