Pitcher Style Margaritas Recipe
- 1 part simple syrup
- 2 parts lime juice
- 3 parts tequila
- Make the simple syrup by boiling water and stirring in an equal measurement of sugar until dissolved (i.e. one cup water + one cup sugar).
- Stir the simple syrup, lime juice, and tequila together.
- Cut a lime into wedges and use one wedge to wet the rim of the glass. Place salt in a dish and tip the glass upside down into the salt so it sticks to the wet rim.
- Add ice cubes to each glass and pour the margaritas into the glasses – these will be strong and a big handful of ice helps balance it all out. We also put the ice right in the pitcher for our last party and that worked fine, too. Place a little lime wedge on the rim of the glass as pictured for looks!
Pomegranate Green Apple Sangria Recipe
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry red wine
- 1 apple, cored and julienned (or thinly sliced)
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- arils (seeds) from 1 pomegranate (here’s a great tutorial for how to open and de-seed a pomegranate)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1-3 tablespoons honey or agave or your desired sweetener, to taste (if needed, depending on the sweetness of your juices above)
- optional garnish: extra pomegranate seeds and julienned apples
- In a large pitcher, stir all ingredients together until combined, adding in your desired amount of honey to sweeten the sangria.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or up to 24 hours) so that the flavors can meld together.
- Serve chilled, with extra ice and garnishes if desired.
Homemade Ice Cream Sandwhiches Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ carton of vanilla ice cream
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a large cookie sheet or jelly roll pan by covering it in parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together melted butter and honey. Add in egg and vanilla extract and whisk till combined.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda and sir until smooth and well combined.
- pour batter onto prepared pan and spread out as thin and even as possible.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Remove the cooked chocolate sandwich from pan by grabbing the parchemnt and lifting cake to a cutting board.
- Cut the cake in half crosswise.
- Place one side of the cake top side down on a large piece of plastic wrap. Add half a carton of soft (not melted) ice cream on top of chocolate cake and spread ice cream as best as you can. Put other half on top and wrap with plastic wrap. Place in freezer and wait 24 hours or until frozen solid.
- Remove from freezer and cut off the edges of the cookie crust. This makes the edges look nice and smooth.
- Next cut the homemade ice cream sandwich bars to desired size and eat up or freeze for later use. I was able to get 10 bars.