- 1 (29 ounce) can peach slices, undrained
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 (3 1/8 ounce) box dry vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 lb strawberry, stemmed and quartered
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 1 bunch grapes (I use the red ones)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, pineapples, and vanilla pudding mix.
- This includes the juices from the cans.
- Mix well until pudding is dissolved.
- Stir in strawberries, banana, blueberries, grapes, and sugar if desired.
- 4 cups rhubarb, cut into 3/4 ” pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Combine rhubarb, sugar, flour and cinnamon and put into 8″ x 8″ x 2″ glass baking dish.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, rolled oats and melted butter and sprinkle streusel over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
- 1 pie crust, pre-baked
- 1 pint ripe strawberry
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- whipped cream
- Pre-bake pie crust.
- Slice the strawberries into the pie crust.
- In a medium saucepan mix the package of jello with the cornstarch.
- Add the water and the sugar.
- Cook over medium heat until boiling.
- Stir occasionally.
- Pour the boiling mixture over the strawberries.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator.
- Chill for 3-4 hours until the jello glaze sets.
- Serve with big dollops of whipped cream over the pie.
Sauteed Yellow Squash Recipe
- 6 medium summer squash, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly or diced
- salt & pepper
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add onion and cook just till tender.
- Add yellow squash and continue cooking over medium heat, stirring until squash begins to soften.
- Cover and continue cooking over low heat until nice and tender (usually about 20-25 minutes).
Bacon-Cheese Pull Aparts Recipe
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can pillsbury original flaky refrigerated biscuits
- 4 -6 slices crispy bacon, cooked and broken into 1/2-inch pcs
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion, both green and white parts (4 medium)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 11×7″ or 12×8″ (2 quart) glass baking dish, with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat egg and milk with wire whisk until smooth.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut into quarters.
- Gently stir biscuit pieces into egg mixture to coat evenly.
- Fold in bacon, cheese, mushrooms and onions.
- Spoon mixture into sprayed dish; arrange biscuit pieces in a single layer.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into squares or just apull-apart.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Rinse and clean asparagus, discarding tough ends and removing scales. Boil in salted water for 10 minutes, until tender-crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan until melted. Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes until thick.
- Place 1/2 of the asparagus in the bottom of a greased 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the chopped eggs. and dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper over all.
- Top with remaining asparagus. Sprinkle the remaining chopped eggs along the center portion of the asparagus.
- Pour the cream sauce down the middle of the baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese. Dot uncovered portions of asparagus with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Bake, covered, and 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake 3-5 minutes longer or until topping is browned. Served immediately.